This homemade pumpkin spice latte recipe is free from artificial ingredients, using real pumpkin puree for a clean and comforting drink. I like to call it the NICE pumpkin spice latte. Time to cozy up and enjoy one of these babies!
- 1 cup raw milk (or whole pasteurized organic grass fed)
- 2 tablespoons real organic pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or to taste; can also use honey, but maple is preferred)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon organic pumpkin pie spice (or a pinch each of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves)
- 1 shot (about 1-1.5 ounces) of espresso or 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee – CLICK for Fabula Discount
- Whipped raw cream (optional, for topping)
- A sprinkle of cinnamon (optional, for topping)
- 1. Pumpkin Spice Mixture: In a saucepan, combine the milk, pumpkin puree, and maple syrup. Whisk until well combined and the pumpkin puree is evenly dispersed throughout the milk.
- 2. Heat it Up: Place the saucepan over medium heat. Warm the mixture, stirring occasionally, until hot enough but not boiling.
- 3. Add Spices: Remove the saucepan from heat. Stir in the vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk the mixture until it’s frothy. If you have a milk frother, you can use it here to get that nice foamy texture.
- 4. Coffee/Espresso: Brew a shot of espresso or make strong brewed coffee. I have a longtime dedication to Fabula Coffee – click here for discount. Pour it into your mug.
- 5. Combine and Serve: Pour the frothy pumpkin spice mixture over the coffee. Stir gently to combine.
- 6. Top and Enjoy: If desired, top with a dollop of whipped raw cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Serve immediately and enjoy your delicious homemade NICE pumpkin spice latte!
Note: You can adjust the sweetness and spice level according to your preference. If you like it sweeter, add more maple syrup, or for more spice, increase the amount of pumpkin pie spice.
For iced option, let the pumpkin spice spice mixture cool before creating the iced pumpkin spice latte.