Who doesn’t love cinnamon rolls? I’ve shared many of my cousin Kate’s delicious baking recipes before – this is an amazing addition to the bunch. And guess what? They are made with beef tallow and all organic ingredients!
4 c Sifted Flour (King Arthur Unbleached Organic AP)
2 tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Real Salt (Redmond Sea Salt) CLICK HERE for discount link (applied at checkout and code MEGMB)
1/2 c Melted Tallow (Dutch Meadow Farms) CLICK HERE for discount on first order
1 1/2 c Buttermilk
1 c Softened Grassfed Butter
1 c Coconut Brown Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
Handful of HU chocolate chips
Organic Maple Syrup
- 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Grease a 13×9 pan with coconut oil.
- 3. Sift flour then combine baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and whisk together until blended.
- 4. Stir in melted tallow and add buttermilk. Stir until blended and crumbly dough begins to form.
- 5. Pour dough onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- 6. Roll our your dough into a long rectangle (if you can’t find a rolling pin you can improvise with a balsamic vinegar or wine bottle).
- 7. Spread softened butter over dough with spatula.
- 8. Sprinkle entire dough with coconut brown sugar. Then add cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- 9. Roll up your dough nice and tight length wise.
- 10. Cut into 1-1.5in thick even slices and arrange in your baking dish.
- 11. Bake for 15 min at 400F.
- 12. Toss in a handful or two of chocolate chips to the top of your rolls for the last few minutes of baking.
- 13. Bake for another 5 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- 14. While still warm top with maple syrup.
- 15. Enjoy them right away because they are just TOO good to wait!