If you have been following on social media for a while, you may recognize this delicious slow roasted brisket in bone broth that we have nearly every weekend. It is so delicious and feeds us for days with different variations of dishes.
You can have it with rice or potatoes, a few side dishes, or even as a sandwich, whatever your palette prefers!
Try the recipe below:
Serves approximately 4-6 people
Cook time: Minimum 3.5 hours
- – Bone Broth – We use Kettle & Fire – CLICK HERE use code MEGCONNOLLY at checkout for a discount
- – 100% grass fed/finished or pasture raised Brisket (3lbs) – ideally 1 large piece (Here’s how to find) or order similar on Force of Nature – 10% off HERE or use code MEGMB
- – Organic Garlic Powder
- – Organic Onion Powder
- – Real Salt
- – Organic Lime juice
- – 100% Avocado oil or Beef Tallow
- 1. Set the brisket out and bring to room temperature.
- 2. Preheat oven to 225 degrees fahrenheit
- 3. Season brisket on both sides with salt and pepper, and lightly with garlic and/or onion powder to taste
- 4. Heat the avocado oil or beef tallow in a cast-iron pan or skillet and sear brisket for 2 minutes on each side
- 5. Place brisket in a dutch oven and add bone broth, two tablespoons of lime juice, and any other desired spices. Ensure the liquid mixture completely covers the brisket, with at least ¼” of liquid between the air within the dutch oven and the submerged piece of meat.
- 6. Cover the dutch oven and cook for 3.5 hours (roughly 1 hour and 10 minutes per pound of meat), turning the brisket over halfway through cooking.
- 7. Let the cooked brisket cool for 5 minutes before slicing (and/or cubing) and serving.
- 8. Pour 2 ladle sized spoonfuls from the stock into a bowl with the sliced (and/or cubed) meat. (you can save the rest of the stock for later in the freezer)
- 9. Serve on a bed of rice or with potatoes, whichever your palette prefers