The holidays are among us and chances are you have been craving a holiday themed drink that screams all things cozy! Unfortunately, drinks of this nature often contain chemicals that are harmful to the body, especially if they come from companies such as Starbucks or Coffee Mate.
Thankfully, my cousin Kate has created a CLEAN version of the peppermint mocha for you to enjoy. Try the recipe below:
Ingredients (for 1 serving):
- 1 Cup Full Fat Canned Coconut Milk or Whole (Raw) Milk
- ¼ Cup Brewed Espresso
- ⅛ Teaspoon Real Peppermint Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder or Cacao
- 1 Teaspoon Real Maple Syrup
- Pinch of Real Salt
- Optional: Heavy Cream
- Heat milk stovetop on medium heat until warm (If you have a frother, you can also froth)
- In a separate bowl or cup, whisk espresso, peppermint extract, cocoa powder/cacao, maple syrup & salt.
- If you have a frother, froth the milk once again, just before pouring the espresso mixture into the warm milk.
Optional Step 4:
- A dollop of heavy cream with chocolate curls (we recommend Hu Kitchen)
- Get cozy and enjoy!